Pronunciation: (fol'ō-ur),[key] —n. 1. a person or thing that follows.
2. a person who follows another in regard to his or her ideas or belief; disciple or adherent.
3. a person who imitates, copies, or takes as a model or ideal: He was little more than a follower of current modes. 4. an attendant, servant, or retainer.
5. Brit. Informal.a boyfriend or suitor, esp. of a maidservant.
6. Mach.a part receiving motion from or following the movements of another part, esp. a cam.
7. Engin.,Building Trades.a concrete form attached to the head of a timber pile to permit casting of a concrete cap or pier.