Pronunciation: (fôr'kast", -käst", fōr'-),[key] —v.,-cast or -cast•ed, -cast•ing, —n.
—v.t. 1. to predict (a future condition or occurrence); calculate in advance: to forecast a heavy snowfall; to forecast lower interest rates. 2. to serve as a prediction of; foreshadow.
3. to contrive or plan beforehand; prearrange.
—v.i. 1. to conjecture beforehand; make a prediction.
2. to plan or arrange beforehand.
—n. 1. a prediction, esp. as to the weather.
2. a conjecture as to something in the future.
3. the act, practice, or faculty of forecasting.
4. Archaic.foresight in planning.