Pronunciation: (fôr'ju-rē, fōr'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/forgery.html on line 73 [key]
1. the crime of falsely making or altering a writing by which the legal rights or obligations of another person are apparently affected; simulated signing of another person's name to any such writing whether or not it is also the forger's name.
2. the production of a spurious work that is claimed to be genuine, as a coin, a painting, or the like.
3. something, as a coin, a work of art, or a writing, produced by forgery.
4. an act of producing something forged.
5. Archaic.invention; artifice.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.