Pronunciation: (gär'lund),[key] —n. 1. a wreath or festoon of flowers, leaves, or other material, worn for ornament or as an honor or hung on something as a decoration: A garland of laurel was placed on the winner's head. 2. a representation of such a wreath or festoon.
3. a collection of short literary pieces, as poems and ballads; literary miscellany.
4. Naut.a band, collar, or grommet, as of rope.
—v.t. to crown with a garland; deck with garlands.
Pronunciation: (gär'lund),[key] —n. 1. Ham•lin Pronunciation: (ham'lin),[key] 1860–1940, U.S. novelist, short-story writer, and poet.
2. Judy(Frances Gumm), 1922–69, U.S. singer and actress.
3. a city in NE Texas, near Dallas. 138,857.
4. a male or female given name.