—v.t. 1. to infer (a general principle, trend, etc.) from particular facts, statistics, or the like.
2. to infer or form (a general principle, opinion, conclusion, etc.) from only a few facts, examples, or the like.
3. to give a general rather than a specific or special character or form to.
4. to make general; bring into general use or knowledge.
—v.i. 1. to form general principles, opinions, etc.
2. to deal, think, or speak in generalities.
3. to make general inferences. Also,esp. Brit.,gen'er•al•ise".