Pronunciation: ( jôrj),[key] —n. 1. a figure of St. George killing the dragon, esp. one forming part of the insignia of the Order of the Garter.
2. Brit. Slang.any coin bearing the image of St. George.
3. a word formerly used in communications to represent the letter G. 4. Brit. Slang.an automatic pilot on an airplane.
5. by George!Chiefly Brit. Informal.(an exclamation used to express astonishment, approval, etc.)
Pronunciation: ( jôrj; for 4 also Ger. gā-ōr'gu),[key] —n. 1. David Lloyd. See Lloyd George, David. 2. Henry, 1839–97, U.S. economist: advocate of a single tax.
3. Saint, died a.d. 303?, Christian martyr: patron saint of England.
4. Ste•fan An•ton Pronunciation: (shte'fän än'tōn),[key] 1868–1933, German poet.
5. Lake, a lake in E New York. 36 mi. (58 km) long.
6. a male given name: from a Greek word meaning “farmer.”