Pronunciation: (gil'burt),[key] —n.Elect. the centimeter-gram-second unit of magnetomotive force, equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns. Abbr.: Gi
Pronunciation: (gil'burt),[key] —n. 1. Cass, 1859–1934, U.S. architect.
2. Henry Franklin Bel•knap Pronunciation: (bel'nap),[key] 1868–1928, U.S. composer.
3. Sir Humphrey, 1537–83, English soldier, navigator, and colonizer in America.
4. John(John Pringle), 1895–1936, U.S. film actor.
5. William, 1544–1603, English physician and physicist: pioneer experimenter in magnetism and electricity.
6. Sir William Schwenck Pronunciation: (shwengk),[key] 1836–1911, English dramatist and poet: collaborator with Sir Arthur Sullivan.
7. a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “pledge” and “bright.”