Pronunciation: (gûrl),[key] —n. 1. a female child, from birth to full growth.
2. a young, immature woman, esp. formerly, an unmarried one.
3. a daughter: My wife and I have two girls. 4. Informal(sometimes offensive). a grown woman, esp. when referred to familiarly: She's having the girls over for bridge next week. 5. girlfriend; sweetheart.
6. Often Offensive.a female servant.
7. Usually Offensive.a female employee.
8. a female who is from or native to a given place: She's a Missouri girl. 9. girls,(used with a sing. or pl. v.) a. a range of sizes from 7 to 14, for garments made for girls.
b. a garment in this size range.
c. the department or section of a store where these garments are sold.