Pronunciation: (graf'ik),[key] —adj.Also,graph'i•cal. 1. giving a clear and effective picture; vivid: a graphic account of an earthquake. 2. pertaining to the use of diagrams, graphs, mathematical curves, or the like; diagrammatic.
3. of, pertaining to, or expressed by writing: graphic symbols. 4. written, inscribed, or drawn.
5. depicted in a realistic or vivid manner: graphic sex and violence. 6. containing graphic descriptions: a graphic movie. 7. Geol.(of a rock) having a texture formed by the intergrowth of certain minerals so as to resemble written characters.
8. Math.pertaining to the determination of values, solution of problems, etc., by direct measurement on diagrams instead of by ordinary calculations.
9. of or pertaining to the graphic arts.
—n. 1. a product of the graphic arts, as a drawing or print.
2. a computer-generated image.
a combination of -graph and -ic, forming adjectives corresponding to nouns ending in -graph:telegraphic.