—n. 1. the melted or rendered fat of animals, esp. when in a soft state.
2. fatty or oily matter in general; lubricant.
3. Also called grease' wool". wool, as shorn, before being cleansed of the oily matter.
4. Also called grease-heelPronunciation: (grēs'hēl").[key]Vet. Pathol.inflammation of a horse's skin in the fetlock region, attended with an oily secretion.
5. Informal.a bribe.
—v.t. 1. to put grease on; lubricate: to grease the axle of a car. 2. to smear or cover with grease.
3. to cause to occur easily; smooth the way; facilitate.
4. Informal.to bribe.
5. grease someone's palm. See palm1 (def. 11).