Pronunciation: (hag'ul), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/haggle.html on line 75 [key]
—v., -gled, -gling,
1. to bargain in a petty, quibbling, and often contentious manner: They spent hours haggling over the price of fish.
2. to wrangle, dispute, or cavil: The senators haggled interminably over the proposed bill.
1. to mangle in cutting; hack.
2. to settle on by haggling.
3. Archaic.to harass with wrangling or haggling.
the act of haggling; wrangle or dispute over terms.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.