1. a frankfurter.
2. a sandwich consisting of a frankfurter in a split roll, usually eaten with mustard, sauerkraut, or relish.
3. Also,hot'dog",hot' dog"ger,hot'dog"ger,hot'-dog"ger.Informal. a. a person who performs complex, showy, and sometimes dangerous maneuvers, esp. in surfing or skiing.
b. a show-off, esp. in sports.
4. Informal.(used to express great joy or delight.)
—v.i. 1. to perform unusual or very intricate maneuvers in a sport, esp. surfing or skiing.
2. to perform in a recklessly or flamboyantly skillful manner, as in a sport or athletic activity; show off.
—adj. 1. skillful or excellent, as in sports performance.
2. of, indicating, or for a type of sports activity, esp. surfing or skiing, in which intricate and potentially dangerous stunts are performed.
3. intended or done to draw attention; showy or sensational. Also,hot'dog".