—n. 1. the central part of a wheel, as that part into which the spokes are inserted.
2. the central part or axle end from which blades or spokelike parts radiate on various devices, as on a fan or propeller.
3. a center around which other things revolve or from which they radiate; a focus of activity, authority, commerce, transportation, etc.: Chicago is a railroad hub. 4. the Hub,Boston, Mass. (used as a nickname).
5. the peg or hob used as a target in quoits and similar games.
6. any one of the holes in an electrical panel, into which connections may be plugged.
7. Coining.a design of hardened steel in relief, used as a punch in making a die.
8. Survey.a stake bearing a tack used to mark a theodolite position.
9. Metalworking.a die forced into a metal blank.
—v.t. Metalworking.to stamp (a metal blank) with a hub.