Pronunciation: (hun'drid),[key] —n., pl.-dreds, (as after a numeral) -dred, —adj.
—n. 1. a cardinal number, ten times ten.
2. a symbol for this number, as 100 or C.
3. a set of this many persons or things: a hundred of the men. 4. hundreds,a number between 100 and 999, as in referring to an amount of money: Property loss was only in the hundreds of dollars. 5. Informal. a. a hundred-dollar bill.
b. the sum of one hundred dollars.
6. (formerly) an administrative division of an English county.
7. a similar division in colonial Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Virginia, and in present-day Delaware.
8. Also called hundred's place.Math. a. (in a mixed number) the position of the third digit to the left of the decimal point.
b. (in a whole number) the position of the third digit from the right.