Pronunciation: (hun'tur),[key] —n. 1. a person who hunts game or other wild animals for food or in sport.
2. a person who searches for or seeks something: a fortune hunter. 3. a horse specially trained for quietness, stamina, and jumping ability in hunting.
4. an animal, as a dog, trained to hunt game.
5. (cap.) Astron.the constellation Orion.
6. Also called hunting watch. a watch with a hunting case.
7. See hunter green.
Pronunciation: (hun'tur),[key] —n. 1. John, 1728–93, Scottish surgeon, physiologist, and biologist.
2. Robert Mer•cer Tal•ia•ferro Pronunciation: (mûr'sur tol'u-vur),[key] 1809–87, U.S. political leader: Speaker of the House 1839–41.
3. a male given name.