Pronunciation: (i-mē'dē-it), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/immediate.html on line 73 [key]
1. occurring or accomplished without delay; instant: an immediate reply.
2. following or preceding without a lapse of time: the immediate future.
3. having no object or space intervening; nearest or next: in the immediate vicinity.
4. of or pertaining to the present time or moment: our immediate plans.
5. without intervening medium or agent; direct: an immediate cause.
6. having a direct bearing: immediate consideration.
7. very close in relationship: my immediate family.
8. Philos.directly intuited.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.