Pronunciation: (i-mOO'vu-bul),[key] —adj. 1. incapable of being moved; fixed; stationary.
2. incapable of being influenced by feeling; emotionless: an immovable heart; an immovable tyrant. 3. incapable of being moved from one's purpose, opinion, etc.; steadfast; unyielding.
4. not subject to change; unalterable.
5. not moving; motionless.
6. Law. a. not liable to be removed, or permanent in place.
b. (of property) real, as distinguished from personal.
7. not changing from one date to another in different years: Christmas is an immovable feast.
—n. 1. something immovable.
2. immovables,Law.lands and the appurtenances thereof, as trees and buildings. Also,im•move'a•ble.