Pronunciation: (ī-tin'ur-un-sē, i-tin'-), [key]
1. the act of traveling from place to place.
2. a going around from place to place in the discharge of duty or the conducting of business.
3. a body of itinerants, as ministers, judges, or sales representatives.
4. the state of being itinerant.
5. the system of rotation governing the ministry of the Methodist Church. Also,i•tin•er•a•cyPronunciation: (ī-tin'ur-u-sē, i-tin'-). [key]
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.