Pronunciation: (ī-tin'ur-unt, i-tin'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/itinerant.html on line 77 [key]
1. traveling from place to place, esp. on a circuit, as a minister, judge, or sales representative; itinerating; journeying.
2. characterized by such traveling: itinerant preaching.
3. working in one place for a comparatively short time and then moving on to work in another place, usually as a physical or outdoor laborer; characterized by alternating periods of working and wandering: an itinerant farm hand.
1. a person who alternates between working and wandering.
2. a person who travels from place to place, esp. for duty or business.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.