Pronunciation: ( jig'ur),[key] —n. 1. a person or thing that jigs.
2. Naut. a. the lowermost sail set on a jiggermast.
c. a light tackle, as a gun tackle.
3. any of various mechanical devices, many of which have a jerky or jolting motion.
4. Informal.some contrivance, article, or part that one cannot or does not name more precisely: What is that little jigger on the pistol? 5. Ceram.a machine for forming plates or the like in a plaster mold rotating beneath a template.
6. Mining.a jig for separating ore.
7. a jig for fishing.
8. Golf.a club with an iron head intermediate between a mashie and a midiron, now rarely used.
9. Billiards,Pool.a bridge.
10. a. a 1½-oz. (45-ml) measure used in cocktail recipes.
b. a small whiskey glass holding 1½ oz. (45 ml).
Pronunciation: ( jig'ur),[key] —n. 1. Also called jig'ger flea". chigoe.
2. Chiefly South Midland and Southern U.S.chigger.
Pronunciation: ( jig'ur),[key] —v.t. 1. to interfere with.
2. to manipulate or alter, esp. in order to get something done illegally or unethically: to jigger company records to conceal a loss.