—v.t. 1. to shake slightly; move to and fro, as by repeated jerks; jiggle: She joggled the key in the lock a couple of times before getting the door open. 2. to cause to shake or totter as by a sudden, slight push; jostle.
3. to join or fasten by fitting a projection into a recess.
4. to fit or fasten with dowels.
—v.i. to move irregularly; have a jogging or jolting motion; shake.
—n. 1. the act of joggling.
2. a slight shake or jolt.
3. a moving with jolts or jerks.
4. a projection on one of two joining objects fitting into a corresponding recess in the other to prevent slipping.
5. Carpentry.an enlarged area, as of a post or king post, for supporting the foot of a strut, brace, etc.