Pronunciation: ( jungk'shun),[key] —n. 1. an act of joining; combining.
2. the state of being joined; union.
3. a place or point where two or more things are joined, as a seam or joint.
4. a place or point where two or more things meet or converge.
5. a place or station where railroad lines meet, cross, or diverge.
6. an intersection of streets, highways, or roads.
7. something that joins other things together: He used the device as a junction between the branch circuit and the main power lines.