Pronunciation: (kent),[key] —n. 1. James, 1763–1847, U.S. jurist.
2. Rock•well Pronunciation: (rok'wel", -wul),[key] 1882–1971, U.S. illustrator and painter.
3. William, 1685–1748, English painter, architect, and landscape gardener.
4. a county in SE England. 1,445,400; 1442 sq. mi. (3735 sq. km).
5. an ancient English kingdom in SE Great Britain. See map under Mercia. 6. a city in NE Ohio. 26,164.
7. a town in central Washington. 23,152.
8. a male given name: from the Old English name of a county in England.