—n. 1. a structure of crossed wooden or metal strips usually arranged to form a diagonal pattern of open spaces between the strips.
2. a window, gate, or the like consisting of such a structure.
3. Physics.the structure of fissionable and nonfissionable materials geometrically arranged within a nuclear reactor.
4. Also called Bravais lattice, crystal lattice, space lattice.Crystall.an arrangement in space of isolated points (lat'tice points") in a regular pattern, showing the positions of atoms, molecules, or ions in the structure of a crystal.
5. Math.a partially ordered set in which every subset containing exactly two elements has a greatest lower bound or intersection and a least upper bound or union.
—v.t. 1. to furnish with a lattice or latticework.
2. to form into or arrange like latticework.