Pronunciation: (list),[key] —n. 1. a series of names or other items written or printed together in a meaningful grouping or sequence so as to constitute a record: a list of members. 2. See list price. 3. Computers.a series of records in a file.
4. a complete record of stocks handled by a stock exchange.
5. all of the books of a publisher that are available for sale.
—v.t. 1. to set down together in a list; make a list of: to list the membership of a club. 2. to enter in a list, directory, catalog, etc.: to list him among the members. 3. to place on a list of persons to be watched, excluded, restricted, etc.
4. Computers.to print or display in a list: Let's list the whole program and see where the bug is. 5. to register (a security) on a stock exchange so that it may be traded there.
—v.i. 1. to be offered for sale, as in a catalog, at a specified price: This radio lists at $49.95. 2. Archaic.enlist.
Pronunciation: (list),[key] —n. 1. a border or bordering strip, usually of cloth.
2. a selvage.
3. selvages collectively.
4. a strip of cloth or other material.
5. a strip or band of any kind.
6. a stripe of color.
7. a division of the hair or beard.
8. one of the ridges or furrows of earth made by a lister.
9. a strip of material, as bark or sapwood, to be trimmed from a board.
10. fillet (def. 6a).
—adj. made of selvages or strips of cloth.
—v.t. 1. to produce furrows and ridges on (land) with a lister.
2. to prepare (ground) for planting by making ridges and furrows.
3. to cut away a narrow strip of wood from the edge of (a stave, plank, etc.).
4. Obs.to apply a border or edge to.
Pronunciation: (list),[key] —n. a careening, or leaning to one side, as of a ship.
—v.i. (of a ship or boat) to incline to one side; careen: The ship listed to starboard.
—v.t. to cause (a vessel) to incline to one side: The shifting of the cargo listed the ship to starboard.