Pronunciation: (mag'pī"),[key] —n. 1. either of two corvine birds, Pica pica(black-billed magpie), of Eurasia and North America, or P. nuttalli(yellow-billed magpie), of California, having long, graduated tails, black-and-white plumage, and noisy, mischievous habits.
2. any of several related corvine birds.
3. any of several black-and-white birds not related to the true magpies, as Gymnorhina tibicen, of Australia.
4. an incessantly talkative person; noisy chatterer; chatterbox.
5. a person who collects or hoards things, esp. indiscriminately.
6. Western U.S.a black-and-white cow or steer, as a Holstein.