Pronunciation: (mar'i-tīm"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/maritime.html on line 71 [key]
1. connected with the sea in relation to navigation, shipping, etc.
2. of or pertaining to the sea: maritime resources.
3. bordering on the sea: maritime provinces.
4. living near or in the sea: maritime plants.
5. characteristic of a sailor; nautical: maritime clothing.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.