Pronunciation: (min'ē-u-chur, -choor", min'u-chur),[key] —n. 1. a representation or image of something on a small or reduced scale.
2. a greatly reduced or abridged form or copy.
3. a very small painting, esp. a portrait, on ivory, vellum, or the like.
4. the art of executing such a painting.
5. an illumination in an illuminated manuscript or book.
6. in miniature, in a reduced size; on a small scale: The zoo exhibition offered a jungle in miniature.
—adj. being, on, or represented on a small scale; reduced.