Pronunciation: (mong-gō'lē-un, mon-),[key] —adj. 1. pertaining to Mongolia.
2. of or pertaining to the Mongol people of inner Asia.
4. of or pertaining to Mongolian, a branch of the Altaic languages.
—n. 1. a native or inhabitant of the Mongolian People's Republic.
2. a native or inhabitant of Inner Mongolia.
3. Also,Mongolic.a group of languages including Buriat and Khalkha and constituting a branch of Altaic.
4. any of the languages of this branch, esp. Khalkha.
5. a member of the Mongoloid peoples of Asia.