Pronunciation: (mOOn),[key] —n. 1. the earth's natural satellite, orbiting the earth at a mean distance of 238,857 miles (384,393 km) and having a diameter of 2160 miles (3476 km).
2. this body during a particular lunar month, or during a certain period of time, or at a certain point of time, regarded as a distinct object or entity. Cf. full moon, half-moon, new moon, waning moon, waxing moon. 3. a lunar month, or, in general, a month.
4. any planetary satellite: the moons of Jupiter. 5. something shaped like an orb or a crescent.
7. a platyfish.
8. Slang.the buttocks, esp. when bared.
9. blue moon, a very long period of time: Such a chance comes once in a blue moon.
—v.i. 1. to act or wander abstractedly or listlessly: You've been mooning about all day. 2. to sentimentalize or remember nostalgically: He spent the day mooning about his lost love. 3. to gaze dreamily or sentimentally at something or someone: They sat there mooning into each other's eyes. 4. Slang.to expose one's buttocks suddenly and publicly as a prank or gesture of disrespect.
—v.t. 1. to spend (time) idly: to moon the afternoon away. 2. to illuminate by or align against the moon.
3. Slang.to expose one's buttocks to as a prank or gesture of disrespect.
Pronunciation: (mOOn),[key] —n. Sun Myung Pronunciation: (sun myung),[key] born 1920, Korean religious leader: founder of the Unification Church.