Pronunciation: (mul'ur),[key] —n. 1. an implement of stone or other substance with a flat base for grinding paints, powders, etc., on a slab of stone or the like.
2. any of various mechanical devices for grinding.
Pronunciation: (mul'ur),[key] —n. 1. a person or thing that mulls.
2. a container for mulling an alcoholic beverage over a fire.
Pronunciation: (myOO'lur, mul'ur, mil'-),[key] —n. Hermann Joseph, 1890–1967, U.S. geneticist: Nobel prize for medicine 1946.
Pronunciation: (mul'ur; Ger. my'lur),[key] —n. 1. Frie•drich Max Pronunciation: (frē'drik maks; Ger. frē'drikh mäks),[key] 1823–1900, English Sanskrit scholar and philologist born in Germany.
2. Jo•hann Pronunciation: (yō'hän),[key](“Regiomontanus”), 1436–76, German mathematician and astronomer.
3. Jo•han•nes Pe•ter Pronunciation: (yō-hä'nus pā'tur),[key] 1801–58, German physiologist and comparative anatomist.
4. Wil•helm Pronunciation: (vil'helm),[key] 1794–1827, German poet.