Pronunciation: (on'shôr', -shōr', ôn'-), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/onshore.html on line 71 [key]
1. onto or in the direction of the shore from a body of water: a breeze blowing onshore.
2. in or on a body of water, close to or parallel with the shore: to sail a boat onshore.
3. on land, esp. within the area adjoining a port; ashore: to land and shop onshore.
1. moving or proceeding toward shore or onto land from a body of water: an onshore breeze.
2. located on or close to the shore: an onshore lighthouse; an onshore buoy.
3. done or taking place on land: onshore liberty for the crew.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.