Pronunciation: (ôr'thu-doks"),[key] —adj. 1. of, pertaining to, or conforming to the approved form of any doctrine, philosophy, ideology, etc.
2. of, pertaining to, or conforming to beliefs, attitudes, or modes of conduct that are generally approved.
3. customary or conventional, as a means or method; established.
4. sound or correct in opinion or doctrine, esp. theological or religious doctrine.
5. conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early church.
6. (cap.) of, pertaining to, or designating the Eastern Church, esp. the Greek Orthodox Church.
7. (cap.) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Orthodox Jews or Orthodox Judaism.