Pronunciation: (ot'u-wu),[key] —n., —pl.-was,(esp. collectively)-wafor 5. 1. a city in and the capital of Canada, in SE Ontario. 304,462.
2. a river in SE Canada, flowing SE along the boundary between Ontario and Quebec into the St. Lawrence at Montreal. 685 mi. (1105 km) long.
3. a city in NE Illinois, SW of Chicago. 18,166.
4. a town in E Kansas. 11,016.
5. a member of a tribe of Algonquian Indians of Canada, forced into the Lake Superior and Lake Michigan regions by the Iroquois confederacy.
6. the Ojibwa language as used by the Ottawa Indians.