Pronunciation: (out'let, -lit),[key] —n. 1. an opening or passage by which anything is let out; vent; exit.
2. Elect. a. a point on a wiring system at which current is taken to supply electric devices.
b. Also called out'let box". the metal box or receptacle designed to facilitate connections to a wiring system.
3. a means of expression or satisfaction: an outlet for one's artistic impulses. 4. a market for goods.
5. a store, merchant, or agency selling the goods of a particular wholesaler or manufacturer.
6. a local radio or television station that broadcasts the programs of a large network.
7. a river or stream flowing from a body of water, as a lake or pond.
8. the channel such a river or stream follows.
9. the lower end or mouth of a river where it meets a large body of water, as a lake or the sea.