—n. 1. a bundle of something, usually of small or medium size, that is packed and wrapped or boxed; parcel.
2. a container, as a box or case, in which something is or may be packed.
3. something conceived of as a compact unit having particular characteristics: That child is a package of mischief. 4. the packing of goods, freight, etc.
5. a finished product contained in a unit that is suitable for immediate installation and operation, as a power or heating unit.
6. a group, combination, or series of related parts or elements to be accepted or rejected as a single unit.
7. a complete program produced for the theater, television, etc., or a series of these, sold as a unit.
—v.t. 1. to make or put into a package.
2. to design and manufacture a package for (a product or series of related products): They package their soaps in eye-catching wrappers. 3. to group or combine (a series of related parts) into a single unit.
4. to combine the various elements of (a tour, entertainment, etc.) for sale as a unit.