Pronunciation: (pal'u-tīn", -tin),[key] —adj. 1. having royal privileges: a count palatine. 2. of or pertaining to a count palatine, earl palatine, or county palatine.
3. of or pertaining to a palace; palatial: a palatine chapel. 4. (cap.) of or pertaining to the Palatinate.
—n. 1. a vassal exercising royal privileges in a province; a count or earl palatine.
2. an important officer of an imperial palace.
3. a high official of an empire.
4. (cap.) a native or inhabitant of the Palatinate.
5. (cap.) one of the seven hills on which ancient Rome was built.
6. a shoulder cape, usually of fur or lace, formerly worn by women.
Pronunciation: (pal'u-tīn", -tin),[key] —adj. of, near, or in the palate; palatal: the palatine bones.
Pronunciation: (pal'u-tīn"),[key] —n. a city in NE Illinois. 32,166.