Pronunciation: (pär'sul),[key] —n., v.,-celed, -cel•ing or (esp. Brit.)-celled, -cel•ling, —adv.
—n. 1. an object, article, container, or quantity of something wrapped or packed up; small package; bundle.
2. a quantity or unit of something, as of a commodity for sale; lot.
3. a group, collection, or assemblage of persons or things.
4. a distinct, continuous portion or tract of land.
5. a part, portion, or fragment.
—v.t. 1. to divide into or distribute in parcels or portions (usually fol. by out).
2. to make into a parcel or wrap as a parcel.
3. Naut.to cover or wrap (a rope) with strips of canvas.