Pronunciation: (pu-vil'yun),[key] —n. 1. a light, usually open building used for shelter, concerts, exhibits, etc., as in a park or fair.
2. any of a number of separate or attached buildings forming a hospital or the like.
3. Archit.a projecting element of a façade, used esp. at the center or at each end and usually treated so as to suggest a tower.
4. a tent, esp. a large and elaborate one.
5. a small, ornamental building in a garden.
6. Also called base.Jewelry.the part of a cut gem below the girdle.
—v.t. 1. to shelter in or as if in a pavilion.
2. to furnish with pavilions.