Pronunciation: (pē'lur),[key] —n. 1. a person or thing that peels.
2. a kitchen implement, often having a swiveling, protected blade, for removing the peel or outer skin of a vegetable or fruit.
3. a long-staple cotton raised originally in the regions along the Yazoo River and the Mississippi River delta.
4. a yarn made from this cotton.
5. Slang.a striptease dancer.
6. a log, esp. of a Douglas fir, suitable for rotary cutting into veneers.
Pronunciation: (pē'lur),[key] —n.Brit. Archaic. a police officer.