Pronunciation: (pelt),[key] —v.t. 1. to attack or assail with repeated blows or with missiles.
2. to throw (missiles).
3. to drive by blows or missiles: The child pelted the cows home from the fields. 4. to assail vigorously with words, questions, etc.
5. to beat or rush against with repeated forceful blows: The wind and rain pelted the roofs and walls of the houses for four days.
—v.i. 1. to strike blows; beat with force or violence.
2. to throw missiles.
3. to hurry.
4. to beat or pound unrelentingly: The wind, rain, and snow pelted against the castle walls. 5. to cast abuse.
—n. 1. the act of pelting.
2. a vigorous stroke; whack.
3. a blow with something thrown.
5. an unrelenting or repeated beating, as of rain or wind.
Pronunciation: (pelt),[key] —n. 1. the untanned hide or skin of an animal.
2. Facetious.the human skin.
3. in one's pelt,Facetious.naked.