Pronunciation: (per'ē),[key] —n., —pl.-ries. a fermented beverage similar to cider, made from the juice of pears.
Pronunciation: (per'ē),[key] —n. 1. Antoinette, 1888–1946, U.S. actress, theatrical manager, and producer.
2. Bliss, 1860–1954, U.S. educator, literary critic, and editor.
3. Frederick John(Fred), born 1909, British tennis player.
4. Matthew Cal•braith Pronunciation: (kal'brāth),[key] 1794–1858, U.S. commodore.
5. his brother,Oliver Hazard, 1785–1819, U.S. naval officer.
6. Ralph Barton, 1876–1957, U.S. philosopher and educator.
7. a male given name: from a Middle English word meaning “pear tree.”