Pronunciation: ( —v.pur-vûrt'; —n.pûr'vurt),[key] —v.t. 1. to affect with perversion.
2. to lead astray morally.
3. to turn away from the right course.
4. to lead into mental error or false judgment.
5. to turn to an improper use; misapply.
6. to misconstrue or misinterpret, esp. deliberately; distort: to pervert someone's statement. 7. to bring to a less excellent state; vitiate; debase.
8. Pathol.to change to what is unnatural or abnormal.
9. to convert or persuade to a religious belief regarded as false or wrong.
—n. 1. a person who practices sexual perversion.
2. Pathol.a person affected with perversion.
3. a person who has been perverted, esp. to a religious belief regarded as erroneous.