Pronunciation: (pil),[key] —n. 1. a small globular or rounded mass of medicinal substance, usually covered with a hard coating, that is to be swallowed whole.
2. something unpleasant that has to be accepted or endured: Ingratitude is a bitter pill. 3. Slang.a tiresomely disagreeable person.
4. Sports Slang.a ball, esp. a baseball or golf ball.
5. the pill.See birth-control pill. 6. pills,Brit. Slang.billiards.
—v.t. 1. to dose with pills.
2. to form or make into pills.
3. Slang.to blackball.
—v.i. to form into small, pill-like balls, as the fuzz on a wool sweater.
Pronunciation: (pil),[key] —v.t., v.i. 1. Brit. Dial.to peel.
2. Obs.to become or cause to become bald.
Pronunciation: (pil),[key] —v.t.Archaic. to rob, plunder, or pillage.