Pronunciation: (pip),[key] —n. 1. one of the spots on dice, playing cards, or dominoes.
2. each of the small segments into which the surface of a pineapple is divided.
3. Informal.metal insigne of rank on the shoulders of commissioned officers.
4. Hort. a. an individual rootstock of a plant, esp. of the lily of the valley.
b. a portion of the rootstock or root of several other plants, as the peony.
Pronunciation: (pip),[key] —n. 1. Vet. Pathol.a contagious disease of birds, esp. poultry, characterized by the secretion of a thick mucus in the mouth and throat.
2. Facetious.any minor or unspecified ailment in a person.
Pronunciation: (pip),[key] —n. 1. a small seed, esp. of a fleshy fruit, as an apple or orange.
2. Also called pipperoo.Informal.someone or something wonderful: Last night's party was a pip.