Pronunciation: (pol'ē-glot"), Strict Standards: Non-static method FenSites::linkTo() should not be called statically in /site/html/dictionary/polyglot.html on line 73 [key]
1. able to speak or write several languages; multilingual.
2. containing, composed of, or written in several languages: a polyglot Bible.
1. a mixture or confusion of languages.
2. a person who speaks, writes, or reads a number of languages.
3. a book, esp. a Bible, containing the same text in several languages.
Random House Unabridged Dictionary, Copyright © 1997, by Random House, Inc., on Infoplease.