Pronunciation: (pouch),[key] —n. 1. a bag, sack, or similar receptacle, esp. one for small articles or quantities: a tobacco pouch. 2. a small moneybag.
3. a bag for carrying mail.
4. a bag or case of leather, used by soldiers to carry ammunition.
5. something shaped like or resembling a bag or pocket.
6. Chiefly Scot.a pocket in a garment.
7. a baggy fold of flesh under the eye.
8. Anat.,Zool.a baglike or pocketlike part; a sac or cyst, as the sac beneath the bill of pelicans, the saclike dilation of the cheeks of gophers, or the receptacle for the young of marsupials.
9. Bot.a baglike cavity.
—v.t. 1. to put into or enclose in a pouch, bag, or pocket; pocket.
2. to arrange in the form of a pouch.
3. (of a fish or bird) to swallow.
—v.i. to form a pouch or a cavity resembling a pouch.