Pronunciation: (prag-mat'ik),[key] —adj. 1. of or pertaining to a practical point of view or practical considerations.
2. Philos.of or pertaining to pragmatism (def. 2).
3. of or pertaining to pragmatics (defs. 1, 2).
4. treating historical phenomena with special reference to their causes, antecedent conditions, and results.
5. of or pertaining to the affairs of state or community.
6. Archaic. a. busy; active.
b. officious; meddlesome; interfering.
c. dogmatic; opinionated.
—n. 1. See pragmatic sanction. 2. Archaic.an officious or meddlesome person. Also,prag•mat'i•cal(for defs. 1, 2, 5).