Pronunciation: ( —v.pru-sēd'; —n.prō'sēd),[key] —v.i. 1. to move or go forward or onward, esp. after stopping.
2. to carry on or continue any action or process.
3. to go on to do something.
4. to continue one's discourse.
5. Law. a. to begin and carry on a legal action.
b. to take legal action (usually fol. by against).
6. to be carried on, as an action or process.
7. to go or come forth; issue (often fol. by from).
8. to arise, originate, or result (usually fol. by from).
—n. 1. proceeds, a. something that results or accrues.
b. the total amount derived from a sale or other transaction: The proceeds from the deal were divided equally among us. c. the profits or returns from a sale, investment, etc.