Pronunciation: (pru-duk'shun),[key] —n. 1. the act of producing; creation; manufacture.
2. something that is produced; a product.
3. Econ.the creation of value; the producing of articles having exchange value.
4. the total amount produced: Production is up this month. 5. a work of literature or art.
6. the act of presenting for display; presentation; exhibition: the production of evidence in support of the case. 7. Informal.an unnecessarily or exaggeratedly complicated situation or activity: That child makes a production out of going to bed. 8. the organization and presentation of a dramatic entertainment.
9. the entertainment itself: an expensive production.
—adj. regularly manufactured; not custom-made, specially produced, or experimental: a production model.